Emotional Intelligence is self-awareness and the ability to manage emotions empathically, compassionately and clearly.
By developing emotional intelligence, we have a greater capacity to navigate life‘s challenges.
Without sufficient emotional intelligence, we are at the whim of life’s ups and downs, riding a roller coaster of good and bad.
Emotional Intelligence involves :
- understanding how we operate internally
- knowing what our needs are and how to meet those needs on our own
- knowing what our expectations are and how to adjust them to meet reality
- knowing what our wounding is and how to attune to and meet that wounding empathically
- knowing how we react and how to manage that reactivity when we are triggered
- having the ability to take a pause before reacting
- knowing how to give space to feelings allowing them to move through
- knowing how to distinguish between thoughts and feelings
- knowing how to meet our fear as a feeling
- knowing how to have compassion for ourselves and others
- knowing how to relate to ourselves and others authentically
- knowing how to stand in our innate power
- knowing how to be vulnerable
- knowing how to be open hearted
- knowing how to connect with ourselves and others
- knowing how to be mindful, etc.