It has been proven that the connection with a beloved animal can help reduce the symptoms of anxiety depression and other psychological issues dramatically.
Having an animal in conjunction with treatment in therapy can have many positive long lasting results.
BENEFITS OF EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL AND ANIMAL THERAPY
- Animals are naturally present and can act as a buffer when it’s difficult to be with discomfort. Animals are very good listeners and companions and they never judge. They are specialists in unconditional love.
- The presence of animals has been shown to lower physiological symptoms of stress, anxiety and blood pressure.
- Animals have stories of their own. Connecting with an animal and taking care of them can help heal our own story.
- Their dependance on us holds us accountable in a way that raises self-esteem.
- Having a pet can help us heal our attachment wounds, leading to more confidence and capacity to be in healthy relationships with people.
Come meet Bodhi, the special dog who works with me.
If you are someone who feels that you could benefit from having the presence of an emotional support animal, as part of your treatment plan and in our therapy sessions, please contact me for more information.